There are business opportunities available for purchase, and more real estate opportunities exist for commercial development. Own and operate your own inn, reservation service, artisan school or restaurant right in the heart of the Adirondacks!
Grow Your Business
We are currently looking for businesses in these key growth areas:
- Sustainable and renewable fuel sources such as pellet or wood chip manufacturing
- High-tech Greenhouses for food production to serve local communities
- Mobile Dental Clinics
- Mobile Veterinary Clinics
- Traditional, artisan crafts schools and programs
- Web-based business and software development
- Destination resort and lodging development
Make an appointment today to speak with Christy Wilt, Director of Planning, Tourism and Community Development for Hamilton County.
Grant and Loan Opportunities
Hamilton County's Industrial Development Agency offers low interest small business loans for qualifying businesses in the county.
Eligible uses of program funds, which are available from $2,500 to $50,000 include:
- Capital equipment expenses
- Inventory Working Capital
- Other justifiable business purposes
Work From Home
Adirondack Teleworks - Job Recruitment and Training Initiative
Mission: Use broadband technology to deliver quality work-at-home jobs to Adirondack residents dispersed over an expansive and isolated region, and to serve businesses with tailored workforce services to insure their success.
Hamilton County, the most rural county east of the Mississippi, is creating broadband linkages that will allow 90 percent of its citizens to accessi 10 mg. speeds. A pilot website to list available teleworks jobs and training programs has been created in Indian Lake, NY and could be expanded to become the portal for the region-wide program: www.AdirondackTeleworks.com
Adirondack Teleworks represents a new paradigm for workforce training and development in New York, but the model upon which it is based works in Kentucky.